Last week I was lucky enough to be passed on another award, from the wonderful Irene Waters – thank you, Irene!
Irene Waters is a writer and memoirist; her blog is full of beautiful words and images and most definitely worth visiting. Here’s the link:
Although it has taken me a week to get around to it, I would like to accept this award. For the first time since I started this blog last November, I have found it a struggle to keep it going, but it is very encouraging to get these little badges!
Here are the rules for accepting the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Accepting this award has meant looking around for more excellent blogs to nominate, and in doing so I have discovered a few new ones – all worth visiting:
Now, for 7 facts about me:
1) I am left handed – this used to be a disadvantage, until keyboards became more common than pen and paper – as the most common letter combinations are on the left of the keyboard, I can type at lightning speed.
2) I gain enormous satisfaction from removing the soft fluff from the dryer filter, and always wonder if there is a use for it?
3) I love the colour red, and every house I have chosen to live in has had a red wall somewhere
4) I was born an hour after Valentine’s Day.
5) My guilty pleasure is listening to Pink
6) My husband and I are currently catching up on Breaking Bad via Netflix, to see what all the fuss is about – this series is responsible for the bags under our eyes, as we watch one episode after another after the kids have gone to bed
7) I learned to ice skate at the age of 35, with my then 7-year-old daughter (she soon overtook me).
And now – back to this week’s half-term occupation of trying to detach the kids from the TV….