I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award, by Samantha at Grilled Cheese (and Other Things That Make my World go Round) – thank you Samantha for spreading the sunshine around!
Here are the rules for the sunshine award
The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. List 10 facts about you!
3. Nominate 10 other blogs for this award.
4. Announce the nominations to the nominees.
10 Facts about me:
1) Rose Red is not my real name
2) I am addicted to chai tea
3) I listened to The Pixies all the time as a teenager (still love them, No 13 Baby is my favourite…those beautiful, sad guitar riffs)
4) I love the song ‘Me and Bobby Mgee’ sung by Janis Joplin
5) I have been dyeing my hair for so long I’m not sure what my natural hair colour is
6) I missed climbing Macchu Picchu because of the surprise presence of my daughter, in my tummy. I thought I was going to go home, give birth and then go straight back up Macchu Picchu with her strapped to my back, but she was a bit heavy…
7) I still love watching re-runs of Friends
8) I was born in Africa and lived there for the first 5 years of my life. The greyness of England still makes my eyes ache with hunger for bright light, and colour.
9) I speak fluent French, although I can’t read it (I learnt it from spending a year as an au pair in Corsica)
10) I am 5’3, and married someone who is 6’5 – just for comedic effect.
And here are the nominees – bloggers who have inspired me positively and creatively – thank you to all the following: